Aerial Views: The Dominican House of Studies


The Dominican House of Studies ca. 1930.

The great upper church of the National Shrine had not yet been built. In the 60s they tore down the tennis nets in back of the House of Studies (visible in this photo) and put up a parking lot. (click to enlarge; photo from the CUA tour of Little Rome)


Google satellite view ca. 2002.

The new theological library and academic center (2008) had not yet been built. The OMI house (Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate) visible here on the lower left was under construction at the time of this picture.