Dominican Friars at Catholic University (1911)

The recently published illustrated history of The Catholic University of America by Robert Malesky (Arcadia, 2010) contains several archival photos featuring Dominicans from the House of Studies. The image above, taken on October 12, 1911, shows a procession from McMahon Hall to the site where the cornerstone of Gibbons Hall would be blessed by Cardinal James Gibbons (1834-1921), Archbishop of Baltimore. A number of Dominican friars from the House of Studies can be seen leading the procession. The book includes photographs of the Dominican House of Studies and  of Dominican faculty at the university.